Local SEO is the practice of optimizing your presence to boost search engine visibility among the local users. Why does your business need a local SEO service? 45% of the general Google searches are directed towards local businesses. The Local Pack of Google is the holy grail of local search marketing. The top three businesses that appear in a box at the top of a search page are the ones that get more clicks and customers. If you are convinced to invest in local SEO services, here are the different types.
1. Google My Business
Google My Business is significant in that it allows you to manage and optimize the business profile on Google. The business profile is Google’s term for the business listing. These profiles are shown in Google Maps and the local search result.
These business profiles are dynamic in nature. Along with them changing based on the platform, Google also prioritizes certain profile sections based on the term that users have searched. Google My Business is a vital local SEO service that helps maintain quality information, build trust, and target specific information.
2. Content Creation Based On Local News and Event
Creating content that relates or speaks directly to the local issue or event can be valuable in grabbing the customer’s attention. This local SEO strategy can be implemented in different ways, including.
- Writing content around local news, events or activities.
- Setting up location-based web pages on the website with local content (if you cater to various parts of the region).
- You are creating videos about local causes or charities that your business supports.
3. Local Keyword Search
The keywords you add to the content should be relevant to the local consumer. Keyword Planner by Google allows you to filter keyword searches depending on location. Therefore, you get an idea of the popular terms that are most searched in a given location. This will allow you to create a list of relevant local keywords to target. And these keywords should make appearances in meta content, URLs, and meta copy.
4. Mobile Optimization
88% of consumers perform a local search on their mobile phone call or visit the store. With everyone carrying smartphones in their hand, people expect to get the information in real-time. This is why a local business needs to optimize its website for mobile. This particular local SEO service can significantly help in boosting your local presence. When optimising your site for mobile, take care of the following things:
- Make sure that the site loads within three seconds (not more than that)
- Keep the content short and relevant (there is no scope for fillers)
- Use bigger fonts to ensure readability
- Ensure intuitive user interface for exceptional user experience
5. Location-Specific “About Us” Page
If your business is present in more than one location, it is important to leverage this local SEO service. These pages generally provide the following information.
- Name, address, and phone number
- Store hours
- Individualised description
- Google map
With the growing competition, the importance of an effective local SEO service has become more important than ever. Above are some of India’s crucial local SEO services that will help you boost your business presence.